Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I'm Back... For Now

been a while, huh? so cliché, but that's how all my entries start after a long ass hiatus. so i had to get the formalities out of the way.

so much has happened since 2006. i moved... thrice. i finished school. i reconnected with some old friends. i disconnected with some old friends. i got another tattoo. i've been to jamaica, the bahamas, and back to jamaica. my hair has grown. i lost 25 lbs. i gained 20 of it back. my car passed the 40k mile mark. i got a part-time job. google has become an intricate part of my life. lol... i guess that's it.

so i originally stopped blogging because i ran out of 'public-friendly' things to say. i think this still holds true. i have SOOO much to say because i am an over-thinking, nit-picking, analytical person. however, it would be inappropriate to air most of my current thoughts or concerns via the world wide web. therefore, i'm experiencing a conundrum. i must create cryptic entries to fill this 'online journal' of sorts. you missed me though, i can tell. so i'll see what i can come up with.

i have goals that need to be fulfilled. this has been on my mind as of late, because i'm running out of time. even though i am in my mid-twenties, and still considered a baby to most of the population, i am behind schedule. several things must happen by my 33rd birthday.

  • i must purchase a home.
  • i must have a child. preferably 2 children or more.
  • i must own a business.
  • i must earn my project management certification.
  • i must make at least $15k more than i make now.
  • i must have my plans finalized for going overseas when the cicadas come back.

the first 3 goals will aid in my annual tax deductions. uncle sam is currently screwing me and i must put an end to it.

i must have a child because i love children, and honestly i want to see what an extension of me would look like. and if it's a girl, i wanna play in her hair. i'm also looking forward to playing childhood games such as red light-green light, freeze tag, ring around the rosie, miss mary mac, slide, and jumping double-dutch.

by earning my project management cert, this should also aid in the 5th goal of earning more money. i'm actually thinking about going back to school for my phd as well. i just have to find someone/some organization to fund that journey. i refuse to pay to further my education at this point. i'm fully willing to go back to school, but it absolutely must be on someone else's dime.

i must avoid the cicadas. i believe it was summer 2004 (or 2003? i'll google it later) when i came face to face with thousands of cicadas. they were everywhere. i didn't see my mother for the whole summer because her house was surrounded by them and i refused to go over there. no, they don't bite. yes, some people play with them. yes, people eat them. (ew, by the way) i don't care. i'm not interested. i don't like things that fly and attach themselves to my person. therefore i will be out of town during the summer they make their next appearance. which is 17 years from whenever they were here last. who's with me? lol

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wow!
I didn't even read the blog yet but I agree its been a looooooong time!

11:42 AM  
Blogger NicHova said...

I am sooo with you bout the cicadas. I thought about em maybe a week ago. I too will be out of the country. The way they treated me that summer was so inapproriate.

Welcome back!!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Maryk6 said...

J... ur such a funny girl... Thank gosh i never had them things touch me... I think i hibernated that summer!

2:03 PM  
Blogger LudaKhris said...

I just stayed my ass in the house and stayed in areas that experienced recent construction! But come next time around were all gonna b screwed.

7:34 PM  
Blogger LudaKhris said...

I see being back didn't last for too long, lol.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home